[Dailydrool] Hi There

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 14:39:12 PST 2010

I know I haven't been posting but my life has been sort of hectic- short version, my ex called me in May to ask if he could stay with me in NJ since his sojourn in California didn't seem to working out.  If he did not have two sweet senior rescue bassets, Gracie and Drummer the answer would have been no.But since they spent a lot of  time with me before going west. I said OK. After settling in, he informed me that he had declared bankruptcy and only had his car, clothes and the bassets. He is working now and slowly paying me back all the $$$$$ I had to loan him over the summer. Gracie had a bout with pancreatitis before leaving CA and after about two weeks here was showing the same symptoms. She had been eating Nutro Lamb and Rice but he had bought a bag of PUPPERONI and was using for treats! I made a vet apt (and guaranteed the bill) and she was treated. I got together with the woman who has a local pet supply store and only stocks premium food and we decided that Fromm's Senior with reduced calories and fat would be the best. Good news is that on a recent vet visit, Gracie has lost 6 lbs, has a waist and her energy level is greatly increased. Drummer is slowly following and shows a little more waist. I have a ton of stories to tell since Drummer is my velcro buddy to the extreme distain of Jordan and Loki!
Kathy with Crackers, Loki Jordan and the house guests, Drummer and Gracie