[Dailydrool] Buddydawg and allergies

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Tue Nov 9 10:12:05 PST 2010

I am so sorry to hear that Buddydawg crossed over the bridge.  Renee, your story is almost identical to the plight I had with Elwood and I have cried a river of tears for you.  Elwood died a year ago this past April.  I will have Beauford and Bugsey send healing drool your way as well.  It is so hard to watch them fail like that, but when a dedicated chow hound decides to not eat even when you are cooking and hand feeding the writing is on the wall.

On a different subject, I am about to rip my hair out.  Is anyone else having massive trouble with allergies? Poor Beauford's ears are red and bleeding.  His eyes are constantly blood shot and he is chewing his butt constantly.  He is on hydroxazine 2x a day and I am breaking down and giving prednisone about every 3 days.  He is getting synoptic and steroid eye drops every day as well.  Any advise?!  He also gets allergy shots (desensitization) every month).  Usually he improves after a freeze.  It has froze.

Jennifer, slave to Beauford (oh I itch) and Bugsey (the maniac)