[Dailydrool] Bassador Harvey

Dave and Sue Autry SAUTRY at cfl.rr.com
Thu Nov 11 16:39:28 PST 2010

Drool Family,
  Thanks to all who wrote me in my distress several weeks ago when Phoebe (lab) was spayed and little Harvey stopped sleeping in his crate!!  there were many sleepless nights until we finally put him in our bed - booting poor little Tilly (basset) out of our bed.  She had slept with us for 3 1/2 yuears.,  Some nights she still begs to get up on the bed (she has a bad knee and cannot jump).  I just go toher little bed on the floor and call her over and sit beside the little dogbed a while until she goes to sleep.  What we don't do for our hounds!!
  Harvey does not jump off the bed yet and most nights, Phoebe is up there also about 3-4am.  I think they will sleep together soon on the floor.,  They snuggle with eachother.
  Harvey had his first love affair with spayed Phoebe (Thank the good LOrd) last night and ended up with an erection that would not rest!!  I had to call dog emergency to find out what to do!!  After 30 minutes, poor little Harvey could not walk just LOOK at IT!!  They said to put KY Jelly on it so it would not dry out!!  WHAT!!  ME TOUCH IT!!  It finally went back in itself - but it took forever!!  HELP.  My last male cocker spaniel NEVER DID THAT!!
  i know I have to have him fixed but the thought of sleeping downstairs for a week is not what I want right now.  we will be moving to a one story house in March so I hope i can wait until then!!
  The crating during chewies has helped us out at our home duriing dinner hour.  Harvwey continues to Bark - VERY LOUD!! at mealtime  - ours and his!!  He will jump right at the table or kn ock a plate out of your hands.  I will have the dog trainer come over here to help me with this issue.  I am now feeding all 3 dogs in their crates - putting Harvey in his even while I fix the food!!I have tried unsuccessfully to quiet him before i give him his food to no avail!!  He gets snarly and bitey if I make him sit or hold his snoot closed.  Any suggestions?
  I am walking all 3 separately now since Harvey plays tug-a-war with the leashes!!  Many people stop and think Harvey is a black basset - until they see his sweet little lab face!!  Until we talk again, Slave Sue to Tilly, Phoebe and little Harvey the Bark BUSTER!! and the crew ATB BUFFY, Wilby, Ms Kitty and Casey Mae