[Dailydrool] update on Riley

queenb534 at aol.com queenb534 at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 21:15:03 PST 2010

Just wanted to let all of you caring and generous people know what is going on with Riley.
Riley is now eating Merrick Thanksgiving Day Dinner while still in ICU. Antibiotics have been changed around a bit due to some issues with the incision. Overall looking better. I took some pictures of him today. The animal shelter that he came from refuses to press cruelty charges against the former owner because "it is only one dog" and it's just not bad enough. Makes me wonder how bad it has to be for a shelter to press cruelty charges. It is a very sad state of affairs down here in the South. Life for animals here will never improve as long as people are allowed to abuse and neglect with zero consequences. My fight, though, is not over. I am investigating other avenues to deal with this since the animal shelter, who has been given the job of taking care of animals, refuses to do anything.
Thanks to all of you who understand and care.  Your support has meant so much to me.  Our First Giving site has a new picture of him that I took today.
www.firstgiving.com/bayoubassets
Thanks again, Leslie

Leslie A. Wallace
Looziana Basset Rescue, Inc.