[Dailydrool] Scooby & Freddy are over your heads...

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 20:16:00 PST 2010

Update: LAX

Amidst a whirlwind of activity, Scooby & Freddy actually made the  flight
to london Heathrow arriving in about 10 hours.  Neither Amanda nor  myself
can even think of sleeping until she has her hands on them!!

What an experience.  As a rescuer I can honestly say - the grief of a
sudden and unplanned move is near enough to kill one, however, when you add in
the trauma of trying to keep your babies with you - vet appointments, a safe
 place, good food, exercise, supplies for flight - proper kennels, pads,
water  bottles, more vet appointments and just when you think it's all over -
you have  that last vet run for tick & tape and then the paperwork never
ends.  I  feel like I've been on Scooby duty for years!!!

This morning, in incredible traffic the boys and I headed out to Agoura
Hills, what should normally have taken 45 minutes, took 3 hours - and the
paperwork wasn't even completed yet!  Mad rush to the USDA office - yet
traffic had not cleared...... add online mapping getting directions wrong and my
crying my brains out over the phone to some poor USDA employee..... well,
lets  just say the lovely and wonderful Calvin of the USDA made it all right.
 Thought that was the brundt of the stress.... Bwhahahaha - no way.
However  did enjoy my chats with Dr. Gusman DVM and a neighbor here who was flying
her  horse to the Caymen's for a show -

A walk in a park, assembly of the predetermined airline crates, getting
them hit with lavender, bedding from home, a blankie with my scent, lunch fed
and pottied and then off to what was supposed to be a great pet team at
Virgin  Atlantic.  Ummmm.  Okay.  The story goes south here and the boys  are
still in the air, so I shall suffice it to say - SEND DROOL THAT ENGLAND
ACCEPTS FREDDY & SCOOBY!!!  And we'll talk about the airline nightmare  when
Amanda let's me know they are safe and sound....
If I didn;t know Amanda is the best possible home for these two, I can
honestly say I would have walked out never to return.  It took ALL my
dedication and love to get them on that plane.  I'm worn right out. Scooby  did get
the evil woman's donut BTW, so it wasn't a total loss.

Dawn of the West
Successfully having passed USDA regulations and red tape for UK  import.
_www.daphneyland.com_ (http://www.daphneyland.com/)
661  269-2682

Daily rehabilitation and socialization of up to 100 basset  hounds and some
mixes - public viewing and visitation are Saturdays &  Sundays from 11 - 5.
Come and rub bellies in person! Volunteer opportunities  abound!
DAPHNEYLAND IS CLOSED NOVEMBER 13 & 14, 2010  - THE FIRST EVER BASSET HOUND
FIELD TRIAL EVENT TO ALLOW SPAYED & NEUTERED  BASSETS IS BEING HELD IN
CORONA! HAVE TO BE THERE!! EMAIL OR VISIT _WWW.BHCSC.COM_
(http://www.bhcsc.com/)  FOR  DETAILS!