[Dailydrool] Opps we did it again

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:11:12 PST 2010

Another foster failure here.  Dutch is a permanent member of the family now.  When told there might be  an adopter for him DH said He Stays  which made me very happy as Dutch is such a sweetie.  Just melt into you.  We are trying out doing some fostering for a local group as well, Partner 4 Pets.  Tool home a little rat terrier mix called Townley.  He has been welcomed nicely by the basset and Thunder except for a little fuss now and then by Buttercup to make sure evryone knows who get the petting and food first.  He is adjusting.  He is happy ot have a nice safe crate to retreat to when thing get crazy.  Roxanne and Dutch have expecailly sweet to him trying to get him to play, so has Thunder  but as Thunder is about 10 times his sizeTownly is a little unsure how to react.  I am hoping to fatten him up  little bit and get his coat all shiney so e will get adopted.  The cats are amazed tseeinga dog smaller then them.    I can see a basst in my future though, 10 yr old Olivia is no longer in a foster home as I had thought.  Had a man stop us on our daily walk, he has a basset and was wondering where we got ours, told him about a few rescues and tht puppies were available or could be gotten He took down a few names so I hope he follows through.  So is Dutch's Gotcha Day the day we decided to make him part of the family permanently or the day we send in the paperwork?