[Dailydrool] Dudley, my big red boy, ATB 11/16/2010

Wendie Prince houndsabound at att.net
Thu Nov 18 19:19:34 PST 2010

It has taken me a couple days to tell you all that my big red guy, Dudley is
ATB.
He was diagnosed with cancer a few months back,  I forget what kind, but we
knew there was only a matter of months.
Monday night he paced all night long and still was restless during Tuesday
morning.  We decided around noon to help him to the bridge.
Pat had been home most the day with him and I came home a few hours before
we were to go, to spend some time with him.  He was so tired.
After brushing him in the sunshine, he came inside and laid down on the
tile,  I snuggled up next to him, and then decided it was too hard, for him
and for me.  So I fixed  a place on our bed and picked him up and laid him
down to take a nap with me.  He finally just laid out on his side and slept,
hard.   I was so glad he could finally rest after the night he had.   As it
got close to time to go,  I realized he was probably not going to walk
there, so got out our dog stretcher and put a nice comforter on it, and a
pillow and Pat and I moved him onto it for the trip to the vet.  He did not
even give a thought to getting up off it.  He stayed on it in the car and
when we got to the vet, we got him up, to see if he needed to urinate, but
he didn't want to be up, so he laid back down on it and we took him in.  He
went very easy, with both Pat and myself holding on to him,  tears not
stopping.  Maybe because it is so close to losing Bunnie,  maybe it is
because Dudley and I were very close, or both,  I do not know, but my heart
just feels beat up right now.  And I am missing all the Bounders who are at
the Bridge and many more before them.
Dudley had a very bad case of pseudomonas that we never got cleared up,  but
we did get it manageable with very frequent ear flushing/cleaning/meds.  I
hated he always had that problem,  he was such a good boy and while he
wasn;t fond of that part of his life,  I think he knew I was doing it to
help him.
Hold all you hounds close tonight,  it just seems like they are gone all too
soon.

Drool to all in need from the Bounders

wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/>