[Dailydrool] lots of drool needed for Gracie

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Fri Nov 19 18:57:05 PST 2010

I just got home from leaving Gracie at the emergency vet after being
at our vet's clinic all today for i.v. fluids and meds. She's been on
supportive fluids and meds to fight what my vets think is an viral
infection in her intestines.  While her blood work is showing some
improvement, keeping her hydrated is a big issue because of
vomiting and diarrhea.  This all surfaced on Tuesday and we've
been to the vet daily since then and even had exploratory surgery
on Wed. which found no blockage.

For those of you that remember my sweet Dudley who went to
the Bridge in October 2007, Gracie seems to be going down
a frighteningly similar path and this is very scary, especially
after losing Pauline in June and Maggie the sheltie (my son's
dog who lived with us) in September.  I've mostly been a lurker
for a while due to family illnesses and such but tonight I need
to ask for drool for our Gracie.  She was my Christmas present
from Bill in 2001 and right now we need her to get well.

Thanks from a very tired and worried mom.

Donna, drool fueler for Elmo, Gracie and Bosley