[Dailydrool] thanking everyone for your support!

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 07:19:19 PST 2010

our update here at the rescue:   it is so cold that there is a layer of
ice built up INSIDE the doggie door window in my living room.!   It is
so cold outside that it is coming INSIDE....even with new slider window
i had installed last year for the income tax credit!   Guess having bare
windows looking out over the huge yard and out in our meadow is the
price we pay ........BUT  i am thinking of buying some drapes with
weather protection for next years winter months.   With a wide open view
it eases my mind that i know who and what is happening outside.  Living
here........one must stay alert.  A few days ago I had a herd of wild
turkeys fly over the 6 ft fence into the back
yard......whoa..................i rushed outside to herd them off and
away!!  before the bassets could go outside to pee!
All the dogs..........8......well guesss that is not alot of dogs
......but.....all of them have to stay here in the living room with me.
I have ALL electric heaters on here plus the propane stove going with
the fan on it on HIGH.     I also have the ceiling fan going to
circulate heat up to the landing where some of the dogs go to sleep,
too.  Even with all that, sitting here at the puter, my feet and ankles
and lower legs are actually feeling the DRAFT of the cold and I am
freezing down there.lol  lol !!!

This certainly is a cold time....but it will heat up to 20 degrees this
weekend, and that will help alot.  Both shelters are closed down without
dogs but the one with my water lines has to be kept
warm................or else!! Those of you in cold climates know what i
mean.  That would be an expense I could not bare. lol  lol
We have lots of warm jackets and coats for all the dogs.  Just our blind
Sopheena REFUSES to go out even with me leashing her and her thick coat
on.........so she just piddles on the temporary carpet i have laid down
so Argus , my shepherd, can at least walk some.   What am I to do
there/???  well, guess nothing.  I am not going to put diapers on her i
do not think.......but maybe i should rethink this.......the closed up
room is starting to ........... at mell..............lol
sorry for grossing out anyone.......i do spray stuff on spot and vac
ALL IN ALL WE ARE DOING OK!!! LIFE IS GOOD AND MY HEART IS HAPPY.
BLESS YOU ALL AND WE ARE SENDING YOU ALL HEALING DROOL HOPING IT WILL
HELP MEND HEARTS THAT HURT.
<http://www.mylivesignature.com>
Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager
bassetrescuemt at gmail.com - (406) 207-0765
http://www.bassetrescueofmontana.org