[Dailydrool] Happy News... no kleenex required...

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 16:34:45 PST 2010

...well maybe- but they're happy tears!
As Sandi Wittenberg posted yesterday, she has had two of her puppies come back to her. And they are going to come home with me tomorrow! Many of you know that I've wanted two puppies. The plan was to get them after Ms.Brandy left for the bridge. It 'almost' happened several times over the last year. Of course, as so many of you have told me- they will come when the time is right. Well the time appears to be IT and tomorrow we will drive to Ohio to pick up our new little girls, Peaches and Peanut. A Tri and a Red. To say that we are all excited is an understatement! I am honored that Sandi has entrusted me with the care of her girls. I know she puts a lot of time into their babies- and even more of her heart. They will always be hers- even when they become ours.
We've spent the day puppy proofing- they are ten months old, so I expect that they will still get into things. It has been years since a basset has run or played in this house. It has seemed more an infirmary for the old and decrepit LOL. Johnny and I shopped today for kibble ( YES they eat dry kibble!!!) and toys.
Elvis of course will come with us to fetch them home. I will post some pictures over the weekend.
I feel like the kid on christmas eve...except I have visions of puppies running through my head. The toy basket has been gone through to be sure all is safe for them in there- again that is something that is rarely touched in this house, but now it will.
You- my drool family- have shared sorrows with me- and I am thrilled to be able to share happy news with you!
droolies, Angelika