[Dailydrool] Sisters and bonded pairs

thepamperedpets at comcast.net thepamperedpets at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 17:44:31 PST 2010

Just wanted to add my thoughts on bonded pairs at least sisters. Eight years ago we rescued Trixie and Alice a bonded pair 6 years old being given up by their family due to work and living situations.

Trixie was the outgoing normal girl and Alice the stay by herself and the queen of "I have so many issues". When Trixie went to the bridge two years ago. I was extremely worried that it would also be the end of Alice, but to my suprise she became her own dog. She seem to find spending time with her humans wasn't all that bad. Even when we got new additions she still was somewhat of a loner, but yet in those two years she has become more people and touch me oriented. She was content alone without her sister even though they were so tight. In the 6 years we had both never a fight between them.

So to make it short, as bonded as she was Alice developed into a sweet loving touch me girl and probably would have stayed around for a long time had she not had the nasty tumor that hse has had for 4 years.

I may have been lucky that they got a long so well, as since having bassets it always seems that I have 3 at a time and they are all girls and I do have a number of people remark how lucky I am that they all get along.

I want to thank everyone for their condolences and support with the loss of Alice, it means more than words can say. It is comforting to have some one understand how it truly feels to lose you fur friend.

Nancy, Maggie, Bailey, Samantha atb, Trixie atb, Alice atb