[Dailydrool] wet basset funny

Wild Moon wildmoonfarm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 14:20:54 PDT 2010

I was over at my mom's house today and ended up taking a shower there. They
have a huge walk in shower as the home was specifically built for a man in a
wheel chair. I put wilma in the bathroom with me and told her to stay
outside the curtain but she was having none of that, as I turned the water
on she trotted right in. I had been told by her foster mother  Kaye that she
adored baths so I assumed she wanted to play in the water. I guess she
wasn't expecting the not yet warm/ ice cold spray because once it soaked the
top of her head she immediately trotted back out. Wilma is a vocal girl
anyhow- always talking to me with little noises...But she acted like she had
been mortally wounded :::laughs::: No distress yelps but plenty of moans
like "OMDOGGG what just happen?" This was followed with her walking wobbly
toward the small rug and planting the top of her head onto the rug and
falling over as if trying to wipe off the venemous water or her head
was suddenly too heavy to keep held up. She did this a couple times with
plenty of moans. After I stopped snickering I grabbed a towel to help her
but the poor girl was still disoriented. She couldn't decide whether she
wanted a sympathy belly rub or dried off. She waited till I draped the towel
over her head and fell over again. The upper half of her body was covered in
the towel and she rolled around moaning and kicking her feet in the
air like some horizontal ghostie as I tried my best to reach the wet spot
and rub her dry. I was chided once with commanding barks as I forgot the
bellyrub in my laughter and was forced to begin scritching again while she
continued to moan mournfully sneering when I tried to lift the towel away,
apparently the soothing anonymousness of having your face covered as
you belt out the unfairness of your situation was her preference. She was
fine as soon as she was dried off and sufficently belly rubbed and went
tearing through the house to start a basset 500 with the doxie. Perhaps you
had to be there but I thought I would share because it definately made me
laugh hard today. Zebby, Wilma, Frank, Hagen, Meow