[Dailydrool] Allergies and pills oh my

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 12 19:21:22 PDT 2010

This is ragweed season here in Texas, and poor Sister Holly the Dolly is
itching worse than usual.  She gets an Allertonic in the morning and the
evening most of the year and that normally keeps the itching to a minimum,
but in certain pollen seasons like ragweed season she also gets a Benadryl
twice a day.  And of course she does everything in her power to keep from
swallowing the Benadryl.  In the evening all three girls get a Benadryl
wrapped in some lunch meat, it helps Gracie and Anna breathe and not snore
at night and Holly not itch.

So this evening we are having our little pieces of lunch meat (fat free ham
to be exact), they each get a small bite, then each gets her "pink pill" and
of course Holly spits hers out, and Anna spits hers out, too, which is
unusual.  So I take another small piece of lunch meat and wrap it around
Holly's pill and give it to her and she spits it out again, so now it's
"cram it down your throat" time.  Which I had to do three times before we
got it swallowed.  After the first unsuccessful cram Gracie starts bellowing
at me because she does not allow anyone to hurt Holly (I'm not hurting her
but Gracie is not amused), and Anna's pill is lying in front of her on the
carpet and Anna is watching me and Holly go round and round while Gracie
bellows.  So finally Holly swallows her pink pill and I turn to Anna, who
looks at me and then immediately grabs the pink pill off the floor and
swallows it as fast as she can.  Apparently watching me cram the pill down
Holly's throat three times was all Anna needed to see!  So Anna got a
special kiss and a good girl, and we finished our ham.  And now the girls
have gone to bed and Mama can get some work done.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net