[Dailydrool] gus and the guest

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 05:41:13 PDT 2010

last night was the first time in his year with me that we had company for dinner who also stayed overnight in mama's bed.
he arrived at 8:30 and gus barked and growled at him upon entering.  he's been around coonhounds since he was a young boy, so little gus didn't intimidate him a bit. he just kept petting him and talking to him.  not 5 minutes later, when he sat on the couch, gus was up in his lap soliciting bellyrubs.
he was a perfect gentleman during dinner, not ever being a beggar during mealtime.  he laid at tom's feet the rest of the night as we sat talking.
when it was time to go to bed, he marched into my room as he does every night and settled in.  generally this is followed by total darkness and total quiet.  but now there was a candle lit and some noise.  he snored right through it.
but this morning, after he woke me up to go out, he came back into the room as he always does, to go back to sleep in his bed.  not this morning.  no sir, he was not being relegated to his bed.  he was coming up to my very high bed.  determined, he kept trying to get a running start and finally succeeded.  so now i was in the middle of a sandwich.  until he decided that he needed to be the middle of the sandwich, at which time i figured i may as well just get up.
so as i type this, tom and gus are competing in a Sunday Snore Fest......and i'm doing dishes. lol
the moral of the story?  my main man has a heart big enough to let another man share my heart.
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-he gave me chicken!  how bad could he be?