[Dailydrool] My beautiful girls

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 20:14:18 PDT 2010

The beautiful girls on Monday's calendar page live with memememe and are very precious spirits.  Ninja came to us at the end of October in 2006.  Our wonderful Sherlock Roames had just gone to the bridge and we were heartbroken.  Sunny was our other basset and she didn't really care too much.  Just a grouchy girl.  We got Ninja from GABR and are so glad we did.  She is a red and white Queen of the realm.  She moved in with us and Sunny and never batted an eye.  Somehow she became my girl.  At the end of December we met Marley at the vet's office where she was being handed over to GABR because her people could no longer tolerate her.  She tore up crates, ate bedspreads and ripped up carpet.  She came to live with us a few days later.  She is our resident grump.  She talks to us and tells us off when we come home.  She sleeps under the bed.  She is our little troll under the bed.

Sunny left us in October of 2007, still just as mean and crotchety as she had always been.  In August of 2008 we were at the local shelter when we walked passed a run with the biggest, goofiest basset I had ever seen.  It was Miss Maggie MaGoo.  She was in a cage with a small black dog and tried so hard to get out to see us.  We went and got the other girls so they could meet and she came home with us to stay.  Maggie is a real sweetie.  Kind of a doofas but very sweet.  And then later that fall, a short, fat little basset named Shelby needed a place to stay so we said she could come here to rest.  She has been here almost two years and is about 15 years young.  She is sweet, chubby, and extremely short.  She also is shaped like a footstool, a rectangular one.  She is completely blind now but still keeps going and going and going.

We love all of our girls.  They bring so many smiles and laughs each day.  We have drifts of hair and spots on the carpet too.  Right now all four of them are in here with me sound asleep.  Snoring is such sweet music.

Wishing you a good week from Illinois,
Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby and the wild kitty boys, Davinci and Picasso with the momscribe