[Dailydrool] Cooper

ANTHONY KENCZEWICZ akenczewicz at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 12:25:34 PDT 2010

I took Cooper to the E vet last night because he started liking his wouund and the bleeding was worse than after the fight and his leg was starting to swell. I tried to put something on it but he wouldn't let me near it.  He was gentlemanly about (he didn't snap at me) but c\kept crying and pulling it away making it impossible to get near him. Of course at the vet he
was the utmost in cooperation. Go figure. they put on a bandage and cleaned the wound and 150 dollars later I left with instructions to see my own vet. My vet took him in and stitched him up and gave me some antibiotics (Cephloxin) for the infection and some antiinflamtory (Novox) ffothe swelling and a collar to keep him  (Cooper not the vet)from licking the wound.  That was another 150 bucks. Those were the most expensive bone I ever bought. I think I'll get whats left of the and place them under glass for display.

Cooper loos so pathetic with that collar on and it si hard for him to eat and drink but he does make it out the doggie door OK> Any suggestion tomaybe make him more comfortable and make it easier to eat and drink? I looked at inflatable collars but I can't afford another $45 right now.

Thanks to all who already gave me some advice on what to do with him.

Drool to all others in need. Semper Fido!

Oh I allmost forgot. when I got back from the vet the three got along as if nothing happened. They just curled up next to each other on the bd and went to sleep. Baasets! Gotta Love em.

Anthony R. Kenczewicz