[Dailydrool] Belly rub gone bad

Molly Thompson mthompson5922 at isp.com
Mon Oct 4 08:26:53 PDT 2010

  A friend of my husband relayed this story that I thought droolers
might find funny.

This friends family is owned by an 85 lb basset.  It seems the basset
was out in his fenced yard for the afternoon, enjoying the sun.  When he
was let inside, one of the kids noticed that he was bleeding.  The blood
was coming from scratches on his belly.  They took him to the vet and
could not figure out what got him.  When they got home, they think they
may have figured it out.  There was a hawk sitting on the yard fence.
This may have been a case of a belly rub request or sunning session
going very wrong!

Molly Thompson
Duluth, MN owned by Tucker the Basset and Towhee and Bear - two non bassets.