[Dailydrool] Bloody nose

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Mon Oct 4 09:37:11 PDT 2010

When  Clover had a bloody nose, and we couldn't figure out why, we thought that she must have snuffed something up.  Turned out to be a tooth abscess that turned into bone cancer.  Get an x-ray!  Get a second one in a couple of months too.  There is nothing they can do for Cancer of the snout, but hopefully you can get any infections under control before they become cancerous.  My vet said that sometimes a foreign object can start a secret infection that turns cancerous, or it can be because of a bad tooth that becomes infected.  We don't really know which it was with Clover, but we do know that she did eventually have an abscessed tooth, which could have been secondary to something snuffed, or it could have been the primary cause.

We can't beat ourselves up because of what we don't know, but we certainly can try to learn from what info we have.  Good luck!

Gaylene Opal-Deitering
My passions do not replace my relationship with God, but are instead a reflection of it!