[Dailydrool] fleas

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 14:25:04 PDT 2010

There are fleas who have become resistant to traditional topicals, like Advantage and Frontline, that are found in and around large urban areas now.

Many vets turn to Capstar, for a dosage or two, and then back to the topicals to keep eggs and larvae from hatching and growing.

Capstar is a pill that will kill all adult fleas on a dog in about 30 minutes.  You will literally see them drop off dead.  It is pretty amazing.  Then you keep applying the Advantage and Frontline which will prevent new eggs and larvae.

I have used this with my dogs and have not seen any bad reactions.  It must, however, be prescribed by a vet, but if they do not normally carry it, you can probably talk them into a prescription that you can use on the internet.

Sara