[Dailydrool] Rainy Day

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 07:31:08 PDT 2010

Well, since I am officially unemployed now, this is my second day home alone
with the 5 dogs. It's raining out and it's cold. I turned on the furnace to
warm up the house. The 2 legger kids are at school and the Dad Slave is at
work. I was noticing that each of my 5 dogs act differently when it is
raining and they are closed up in the house. Maggie, almost 11 and a basset,
was napping flat against the register on the wall until the heat kicked off.
Then, she was laying up with her head at her paws like she was praying for
the heat to come back on. That was until Cooper and Harvey (ages 1 and 2 and
mini doxies) ticked her off by bumping into her and she jumped up and
started chasing them through the house barking commands to them and putting
them in their place. Mazzie, basset age 8 and the one on Prozac, is
literally snoring away in the recliner. She didn't wake up to the barking
and running through. Oliver, age 3 and a "tweenie" basset--one parent a mini
and the other was a standard--is cuddled up on top of the blanket on the
very top of the other chair and he didn't move either. Maggie has decided
since she is awake that she is going to keep the 2 youngens under wraps and
under her iron paw command.  Now I hear Harvey wripping something up on the
porch. To come to the point before the house is tore apart---what do your
dogs do on a rainy day to keep themselves entertained? Are they nappers or
do they take advantage and get into things? (Turns out Harvey is under my
feet at the computer & it is Maggie on the porch scratching around in a
crate)

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,