[Dailydrool] Paws, Claws and Dremmels

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 18:52:35 PDT 2010

Nic and I tried to do the nails of three bassets tonight.  We clipped and then "dremmeled" the nails.  Ninja was patient.  Marley went to sleep with her eyes open.  She snored.  Loudly.  And then there was Maggie.  Maggie has always liked getting her nails done.  Until  now.  She saw the dremmel and turned into a seventy pound jelly topedo intent on shooting herself anywhere but in my lap.  I have never seen such wriggling and squirming.  I held on and in the end, her nails did not get done.  I had more hair on me than she did.  She almost KOd my laptop too.  That girl is strong and BULL headed.  She even looks a little like a bull without the horns.  Very sweet acting now.  She is sleeping on her loveseat and is limp as a dishrag.  The dremmel has been banished to its case for tonight.  And peace reigns in the family room once more.  We will tackle Shelby's nails tomorrow.  If I am feeling brave and wish for another coating of hair, we just might try to do Maggie's nails.

We are sorry for the families of the bassets who have left.  It is always so sad.  Keep thinking about the happy times.  They would hate to see you so sad.  Sending heart healing drool from Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby and the wild kitty boys.
With the mom