[Dailydrool] Topical Flea Med

Linda H dirtherm2 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:20:57 PDT 2010

I don't remember which one I used on Dewey. First time, he ran right after I put it on him. I figured he was being a brat. But the site seemed to swell up. Or maybe he just had a swelling in his skin there naturally. I didn't remember.

Second time, I payed attention. As soon as the stuff hit his skin, he acted like it burned. I immediately washed it off, the little I had put on, and called the vet. "No problem. We will be glad to refund the cost of the stuff you still have left, and give you pills instead."  They were not surprised at all that he had a reaction.

I just looked it up in Dewey's file. It was Advantage.

I will never again use a topical flea treatment on either Dewey or DeVille, my cat.

Linda and Dewey (Thanks, mommy!)