[Dailydrool] Going Marlene...

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Fri Oct 8 18:42:51 PDT 2010

Yes Marlene I agree with Sandi.  In fact I think there are a few of us
nasty nurse droolers in your family that would agree with her.  Guess
why???  Because women are the ones that have the silent heart attacks
and die.   We love you to much to see that happen!

Of course now come my little story of "Going Marlene" on a Marlene
type co-worker having chest pain.  I was working at a small long term care
facility as my extra one day a week job. (I love wounds!)  The girls came running
down the hall for yelling for me.  I though 'Oh Crap someone fell!"  Nope one
of the CNA's was having chest pain at the nurse's station.   I went into Bark Biotch
mode.  You... go get oxygen.  You get the back board...You get the cart.  You by the
phone.  Assessment not so good.    I can the ER which I call and give the info and
I can see from the door.  The girl is 32 yrs old and refuses to go by ambulance.  She
kept telling me it was indigestion.  She couldn't afford to go to the doctor.  It was a
waste of time.  I went MARLENE!!!   If she wasn't so bad I would have strangled her
myself for being an idiot.

Now Marlene I want you to hear this part.  The ER nurse called me.  She was in the
middle of a massive heart attack.  She went by Life Flight to the larger hospital that
could handle this kind of cardiac event.  The whole time she was talking to everyone and
even joking even though her blood pressure was 70 over nada and her pulse was over 190.

So what is 5 hours in the scheme of 20, 30 or 70 years more with your houndies?  Now
behave or I will come down and go Nurse Karen on your butt!

But we still love you!
Karen and The Dog House Gang