[Dailydrool] Diving Squirrels

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 12:43:02 PDT 2010

My basset Lady was attacked by a flying squirrel last spring. The squirrel
was attempting a leap from one power line to another.  I don't know if it
was perhaps a little windy that day or the squirrel needed glasses.  The
squirrel landed on Lady's back.  Both basset and squirrel were shocked.  The
squirrel and Lady ran towards the open back door.  Basset nephew Boomer was
sitting on the porch steps.  The squirrel realized possible impending doom
and made a sharp right before reaching the awaiting (drooling) Boomer.

Of course I think the squirrels in the city are a little strange.  I had a
squirrel land on my car's sunroof while driving down the alley behind my
house. I was opening the sunroof at the time.  His furry little tail dropped
through the sunroof.  I almost hit the dumpster.  When I slammed on my
brakes, the squirrel rolled down the windshield, off the hood and landed in
the alley.  I swear that little sucker gave me the finger before he ran
off.

Jan
Lady, Grace & Wolfgang