[Dailydrool] Doggy Diarrhea & question

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 17:55:27 PDT 2010

Just caught up on the past few days of drools and wanted to say that we had
a time that Maggie suddenly came down with the explosive watery diarrhea. We
had taken her for a walk about the neighborhood in the late summer. We had
not realized that she had eaten an acorn. Squirrels and other animals often
will bring things into a yard or in this case toss them onto the ground by
the church. Maggie had scooped it up and eaten it whole. It passed
completely through her somehow. We usually end up boiling hamburger in water
and cooking white rice and feeding them together for our bassets. We find
that they will eat the burger better than the chicken. Also, potatoes can be
used instead of rice. Bland though--boiled and no milk or butter in them.

Now, my question--has anyone hear of a hound (in this case dachshund)
releasing his anal glands while sleeping? Not everynight, but (grossness
ahead) he sleeps with my husband and I and we have woken up to find what has
to be anal gland expression on our white sheets. This has happened more than
5 times.  My thinking would be he is so relaxed that he releases his glands,
but not sure.  This is the same dog that has released his glands while
riding on my lap in the car when he was a younger dog. He is just 3 1/2 now.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,