[Dailydrool] CF & dog, condolences, drool

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 18:06:51 PDT 2010

Cystic Fibrosis & giving up a basset--the grandfather's grandchild could
have been allergic to the basset. If not, then he was being proactive to rid
the home of all possible things that can irritate the lungs such as dander
(dog). Smoke, dust, etc. also can be lung irritants. Not all people with CF
are allergic to dogs and some do live with dogs. Individuals with CF, on
average, do not even live to be 40 in the U.S. so the grandfather was
probably making an emotional decision.

We would like to offer our condolences and light our candle for Sam B. Sad
and Olivia the kitty.  We are so very sorry for your losses.

For the toenail--go to the vet. My nephew, Rocky (chocolate lab), ripped his
toenail out at my mom's house and he had to go to the vet. He was put on an
antibiotic and the nail had to be trimmed down more than my brother could
see by the vet. I believe it had to be wrapped also for such a time too. Our
dogs depend on their feet to get around. They need them and pain in the feet
is not fun. The rescue you foster for would probably want you to get that
looked at. It takes some time for a nail to grow back and perhaps the nail
may not be grown back by the adoption time and it would be best to show that
it was taken care of.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,