[Dailydrool] rupert's cleaning

Sfwill at aol.com Sfwill at aol.com
Thu Sep 9 13:23:57 PDT 2010

gus had to have his teeth cleaned in march.  he is the first dog i  have
ever had so it was all new to me.  he moaned all the way home.   his depth
perception was seriously off.  he flopped on the floor and moaned  and moaned
and moaned.  (they removed an upper front tooth that was  fractured).  i
thought he was moaning from pain.  i bellyrubbed him  and that would stop the
moan, but then it would start again.  he wouldn't  even get into his dog bed.
so that night i slept on the floor next to him,  bellyrubbing and
whispering all night long.  at 5:30, the moaning stopped  and we went out to pee.  he
slept most of the entire next day.  later,  i learned from the Droolers
that he was moaning coming out of the anesthesia,  not from pain.  and once
that wore off, he was good to go.  i'll never  forget that night.  i've never
had children, but it was the closest i think  i'll ever get to it.  i'm
teary-eyed now just thinking of the horrible moan  my baby was going through.
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-moaning?  what moaning?  it was all about the  bellyrubs!