[Dailydrool] Copper Update

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:16:14 PDT 2010

Thank you everyone who chimed in on Coppers cancer or just e-mailed with
words of support.  Once again the drool proves to be amazing!  After much
thought and weighing of advice from everyone, and talks with a surgeon, we
have opted not to put Copper through the surgery.  He is eating fine, his
weight is normal, and he has a ton of energy, well a ton for a 14 year old
basset anyway!  He may only have 9 months to a year with this decision, but
the Vet could not guarantee that he would have any more time if we went
ahead with the surgery, and the recovery time and pain and suffering would
be several months, if the surgery went perfect.  I'd rather he spend
his remaining time as pain and suffering free as possible.

In the meantime, we plan to treat him with natural immune system boosters
and the like.  If anyone has any product suggestions of homeopathic or
natural products, I would appreciate the advice.  Thanks again to everyone
and drool to all in need!

P.S. Copper also has a chronic ear infection that we have been treating for
months at a time ever since we got him 3 1/2 years ago.  Last month the
culture of his ears showed 4 different bacteria, including ecoli, which we
have now eradicated.  However, his culture from last weeks re-check came
back today and he has one of the 4 bacterias remaining, plus a new bacteria
which is an MRSA.  They have special ordered him drops to treat it and they
should arrive in a few days.  Does anyone have any tips for dealing with
MRSA?  I know it's been discussed before, but I don't remember much of the
discussion since it didn't affect us at the time.

Thanks!

Brenda - momslave to Copper and Elphaba