[Dailydrool] My Story by Al

Sandy Gaston sandy at animalnature.com
Fri Sep 17 11:03:46 PDT 2010

Woof Woof this here is Alehoundro or just plain Al. Yola Bean and Pw Queen
Pawtunia told me I needed to woof about myself to get some votes for the
Senior Hounds Abound Calendar. www.seniorhoundsabound.org
<http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/>  All the mooola goes to the homeless
hounds. Only a dollar a vote and all the hounds are mighty wonderful and
looking for votes too. My slave said she was going to give all the hounds
one vote cause she loves them all. All hounds should have there day and I
wanted to woof to you that I had mine. Some of you know my story, I went
into rescue because my mama loved me but hit on very hard times and only
wanted me to be taken care of when she couldn't any longer, and it broke her
heart and mine. I met great people who loved me and my mama. Then when I was
being fostered they found out I had bone cancer I was limping. So Auntie
Joni took good care of me but I had to go back to BRPS rescue home cause I
could no longer do steps. Then the fire happened and I went to live at Camp
Toast were Yola Bean woof you should be our brother and it was done I had my
own family again. The slave at CT said we must do something about the pain I
was having cause the pills were not helping like they use to this was May
and I was told about the cancer thing last November. So the mama took me to
the vet place I took a nap and woke up with only three legs and no pain they
took my fractured leg the front leg off. This was June and the next day I
was up walking around. Ok now you got the story. Now it is September and I
go to the clinic to see all my girl friends that helped me get out of pain.
I am running yes running in the parking lot and this lady comes over to ask
my mama about what happened to me and to say she never saw a basset with
three legs running and her son loves bassets and just got home from the war
and not in one piece. He has a leg gone and an arm gone. This nice Lady
wanted to know if her son could met me sometime because he wasn't doing so
well and was very sad. I woofed bring him over. Well she did and didn't tell
him what or who he was going to see. They pulled into the parking lot and
there I stool all proud. Well his eyes got huge and he started crying, I
hopped right over to his car and woof, Hi I am Al and you must give me pets.
He slid himself out of the car and sat on the ground and I got right in his
lap I knew what I was there for. The man cried and I woof he petted me and
cried some more and I woofed some more and put my big handsome ears at
attention to honor him and he started laughing. Then he looked at his mom
and said now I know why you brought me here if this Big Al can hop around
with a front leg missing and cancer I can go on with life too. He hugged me
some more and his mom helped him back in the car and he said hey Al I'll see
you again buddy. Well now they would like me to visit at the local Va
hospital and see the men and women in rehab there. I might not have a lot of
time left because the cancer thing is not gone but I don't have pain and
right now still doing great and now me just plain old me Al gets to help
humans with out limbs and maybe just maybe put smiles on there faces too. So
now there is my story and all us hounds have them so please go to
www.seniorhoundsabound.org <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/>  and vote
for any of the hounds yes I would like votes but there are some mighty fines
hounds on that page and all the money goes to the homeless hounds and that
is what is important. I did want to be a centerfold hound.

Al after your nice story all you can think of is being a center fold. This
is Yola Bean please vote for the hounds it's a great cause and wonderful
calendar.