[Dailydrool] Dog fighting/resource guarding help needed

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Fri Sep 17 16:04:06 PDT 2010

fyi - I have advised her that she needs to bring the dog to her home, where he was born and raised, ASAP and start training/rehab there.

A dog showing redirection, where they get so upset with another dog that they inadvertantly turn and bite a human, is an extreme danger to children and needs to be out of that home.

It is what we do as responsible breeders.  Bring the dog back, treat them, allow them to time to heal, and then he either lives out his life with them or is rehomed to a more appropriate situation.

Best,

Sara Watson, CTC
Association of Pet Dog Trainers
Bluefence Bassets
Member of the Basset Hound Club of America