[Dailydrool] the fair

Jodie Dew jodster1966 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 10:42:05 PDT 2010

My daughter took Flash and Maggie in the pet contest in our small town fair this past weekend.  The one thing about the area we live in is there aren't many other bassets.  They were total shoe-in's for the longest ears.  They actually tied for 1st place.  Also they got 2nd and 3rd for the biggest feet.  At the end of the contest they had 7 ribbons and $7.50.  My daughter Shelby sure was a proud dog owner.   The show was for kids to show off their pets.  No one could get their dog to bark for the loudest bark, so we convinced Shelby to try Maggie.  It was such a small bark you could barely here it but she won first prize.  The funniest part was watching Flash go up the few stairs in her lobster costume to the stage with all the legs hanging down.  After the fair we thought we'd walk around.  All the girls (4 leggers) wanted to do was eat the horse poop so we left.  Aren't country fairs great?

Jodie