[Dailydrool] hiding the belly

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 10:18:27 PDT 2010

Speedy is not a big basset he came to me at about 40 lbs and now wieghs in at about 49 although the vet thinks 45 is ideal.  Right now he looks like he is a good weight maybe he can put on two more pounds when he is standing. My friends think I'm underfeeding him but I know I'm not cuz when he lays down to go to bed his big pot belly appears out of no where.

I thought at first, he is too low to see his belly hanging down but I swear that I sit on the floor and put my face on the ground and see no belly hanging. Even the DH commented on how well Speedy disguises his belly. I didn't know bassets are also masters of disguise when it comes to their figures apparently Speedy is vain and sucks the pot belly in when he stands.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo