[Dailydrool] Frank\Morse - peacemakers \ bitten ear \ vets

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 08:15:50 PDT 2010

Nancy, I loved your story. Morse does very much the same. He is great pals with
14 year old black lab\alsatian cross Sunny. She is a darling but doesnt get on
with any other females, especially if they are leggy, feisty and blonde. LOL. So
she explodes into a ball of rage when they totter past and Morse runs up to her
with his snooter in her face as if to say 'its OK, its OK, they've gone, calm
down!' Helen, Sunny's owner, and I have taken to calling Morse Kofi Annan,
peacemaker!
Morse actually had a run-in of his own last week when a huge black dog came
charging towards him. Lots of waggy tails, all fine, and then that stillness
that you tend to recognise when all is not well. As I stepped forward to
intervene, he flew at Morse and didnt back off until my hubby shouted very
loudly at him. Morse was OK, shaken up and a bleeding ear which is fine now.
Owner stormed past without saying a word to me but her hubby was nice enough to
apologise. I know what its like - as much as I adored him, Pumbaa used to often
rugby tackle whoever got in his way!
We're off to the vets shortly. Morse OK but scooting now and its gone on for a
few weeks - I am imagining the plastic gloves will be donned. Morse will not be
impressed.

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB x