[Dailydrool] Worst Mommy ever and catching up

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 15:21:31 PDT 2010

I have been very busy at work, and have fallen terribly behind on responding
to Drool (I keep up on the reading, and try to send emergency drool as
quickly as possible).  Even worse, I allowed my sweet Geoffrey's 4th Gotcha
Day to pass by without mention on September 16.  Geoffrey is my first
basset.  We were at PetSmart picking up dog food for our lab Lisa and cat
food for Dub-Dub and I made the mistake of looking in the cages for pet
adoption day.  And there was a pure-bred basset hound!  The cages were near
the grooming area so I asked the man running adoption day, "He's just here
for grooming, right?"  He said, "Oh no, he's up for adoption."  Frantically
waved my husband over, who grew up with bassets and had always told me I
would like them.  Dick said, "Let's take him out of the cage."  I told him
if he came out of the cage he wouldn't go back in and he didn't!  And my
life has been much the better for it, including all of my friends on the
Drool.  And Geoffrey led to Molly and Henry too, who are also my joys in
life.

Cyndi and John, we are so sorry that Buddy went to the Bridge.  The bassets
send hearthealing drool and I'm sending warm thoughts.

Lots of belated happy birthdays:  Elvis, Chilliepepper, Super Cooper,
Jasmine Anne Jordan, Siobhan (who gets a happy gotcha day shout out too),
Brudder Bubba, Maggie Waggs, Mr. Santana Pants, Chumley and Belvedere!
Wishing you many more happy years with your people.

And lots of belated Gotcha Days too -- Colt and Ruger, the Rio Trio, Harley,
Myrtle, and of course my  Geoffrey.  May you and your people continue to
make each other happy for a very long time.

Healing and cone of shame drool for Arnie.  And we hope Lily's spay went
well, that Spencer's IBD is back under control, that Mazzie is doing better
wtih her Prozac (I'm living proof of better living through chemistry -- hope
it works for Mazzie too!), and that Isabella's back stays healed.  We're
glad Rupert's dental went well (I took all three of mine in earlier this
summer and well remember the anxiety of waiting to get the call that the
anesthesia wore off and everything was OK).  And we're sending healing drool
for Barnaby's kidney failure and Sir Chewey's jaw cancer, and are praying
that both can be controlled medically for a lot of good time left.  And of
course are worried sick about poor Rosie, and are so glad she came through
surgery OK.

Hope you get your BUV back drool is being slung for Brenda.  When my
ex-husband and I lived in Maryland his car was stolen.  On day 29 (Allstate
gave you 30 days for your car to be found and then would just cut you a
check) I received a call from a Sargeant someone-or-other from the Chicago
police.  He said he had our car.  I asked, "Chicago, like Illinois?"  He
answered, "Do you know another one lady?"  Had to admit I didn't.  It was
found in the parking lot of Wrigley Field.  You gotta love those Cubs fans
-- anything to get to the game (actually the police said it was drug runners
judging from the residue left inside.)  We got the car driven back and fixed
and let's just say my ex husband was driving that car a lot longer than he
was married to me.

I was sorry to see the posting about Max missing.  Was he ever found?

And now the happy news.  We're so glad Buster and Maggie found wonderful new
forever homes!  And that Wendall W. Bottom got a new little baby human
sister -- congratuations!

And finally, we're glad Miss Angela is settling in well in her new abode.  I
have this visual of this very stately hound surveying her kingdom from the
top of her waterfall :-).  Laura (Geoffrey, Molly, Henry, Lisa (ATB),
Dub-Dub (ATB))