[Dailydrool] oh yeah, GO re: BHCA National

Kathleen Jones klj at efn.org
Thu Sep 30 14:27:19 PDT 2010

If the calendar below is right, Sunday & Monday the 3 & 4th--local
specialties,  with Obedience & Rally Wednesday, Male dogs show Wednesday,
Females Thursday, Best of Breed Friday.  There's a costume contest Tues
night that sounds fun.  When & where is agility??

http://www.bhcanationals2010.com/files/pdfs/Nationals_Planning_Guide_v20100927.pdf

Wish I were closer!  I have just pets, but when Nationals were in Portland
OR a few years ago, I went up for 4 days.  Wow.  If you can catch Obedience
& Rally or agility, do it. It's rather inspiring to see what our hounds can
do.  Makes one want to give it a try.  Ditto the field trials or tracking;
they're just not as spectator accessible.   I loved watching the
conformation dogs. Such gorgeous Bassets, & one could definitely see
different characteristics from different bloodlines.  It was fun getting to
meet people I've only known from online (Crazy Basset Lady & her dogs & a
few others!).

And you can always go shop. Oh my.  I came home with pillows, an afghan,
magnets, t shirts, towels,  & I forget what else.  Some of it was to benefit
rescues; some just to add to my Basset crap collection.  Says vendors will
be there 8-5 each day.  Yeah, you can always go shop.

I'd hoped to get up at least one day when it was in Seattle but couldn't
make it.  Can't wait til it's on the West Coast again.

Kathleen & Maestro
(w/Henry Wadsworth & Bentley Basset ATB)