[Dailydrool] Looks like we are fostering

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 20:20:17 PDT 2011

Our neighbors adopted a basset from the local shelter about 6 months ago.
His name is Buddy, he is red and white, and he is going on 7 years old. As
soon as I saw Buddy I fell in love. Of course. The boys did too. Whenever
possible on walk routes, they drag me towards Buddy's house and then sit on
Buddy's front lawn and howl until he came out front.

His family has two young children and have seemed a little overwhelmed since
day 1. I've tried to help out, in hopes Buddy had found his forever home.
I'd take Buddy to monthly basset meetups, offered to walk him, and offered
to dogsit or host playdates.

Buddy is in his 3rd home. The first got rid of him when the baby came; the
second, because he howled. Now he has snapped at his new family's 11-month
old about 10 times and tonight he made contact with the baby - but luckily
did not break the skin. They said that 99% of the time he is great with the
baby, sniffing and licking. But that 1% is just too risky. :(

So tonight they called me and asked for help so immediately I offered to
foster starting tomorrow morning, because of course the last thing I want is
for him to end up back in the shelter. Now I just need to get the word out
about this lovable houndy, who can get just a little testy.  I'll be
contacting San Diego Basset Rescue and Basset Rescue of Southern California
tomorrow, but if anyone has additional interest, please email me offlist.

We are walking down to pick him up tomorrow, so I will have picture then.

Thanks and Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert