[Dailydrool] Flea and tick preventative

Suzanne Dempsey csdempsey at charter.net
Mon Apr 4 06:06:05 PDT 2011

I treated the Four B's with K-9 Advantix on Saturday.  On Sunday morning
I woke up and Bonnie was laying at the foot of my bed whining and
shivering.  She had an adverse reaction to the Advantix.  We pampered
her all day yesterday and I was able to get  her to eat some boiled
chicken breast last night and this morning her appetite was back to
normal.  She's still not quite acting like herself but I took it as a
good sign when she growled at me when I went to tell her good morning
while she was laying on the couch (that's normal)!
Needless to say, I won't be treating her with the topical treatments
anymore.  One of my other basset's, Beau, was on the vet prescribed oral
treatments last year and it got to where that would only last about two
weeks.  Anyone have any good, natural fle preventatives to recommend?