[Dailydrool] Today's Calendar Girl - Bessie

Barara Thulin jmcarts at cox.net
Mon Apr 4 10:20:22 PDT 2011

Bessie, whose story stole my heart.  Oh how well I remember that morning
when Elder Clara sent out an urgent plea to help a senior in desperate need
in an Akron, Ohio shelter.  Another senior, a stray and a bag of bones and
her time was up.  Auntie Judy, from Droopy Rescue, who has a soft spot for
seniors came to the rescue.  It has been 2 years since I brought my girl
home from PA.  See is now enjoying the good life in San Diego.  For a girl
that weighed 29 lbs. at one time, even has her preference of cheese - no
cheddar only American.   Fries have to have ketchup on them and so it goes.
The kitchen is her domain and she makes sure the other houndies stay out
when food is being prepared and they have learned.  What Bessie wants Bessie
gets.   Bessie loves other dogs, especially the young ones.   She is a true
treasure and I am lucky to be owned by Bessie.   For Bessie's 2nd gotcha
day, we will have cheeseburgers tonight to honor Elder Clara.

A special thank you goes to Auntie Debbie and Elder Clara for helping the
seniors and all the hounds that are looking for their forever homes.

Barbara Thulin

Bessie, Roxie and Savannah