[Dailydrool] Lemon/White; Red/White

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:33:36 PDT 2011

Lady was supposed to be a lemon and white basset.  Her first set of puppy
pictures showed light fur.  Lady's fur has darken to a light red but
definitely red.  I consider Lady a red and white basset.

Our first foster failure Scooby was a lemon and white.  His original owner
said he was a "blond and white" basset. However I don't put much stock in
that guy's opinion since he ditched Scooby because the new girlfriend didn't
like him.  Someone once commented that Scooby's coat had a "washed out" or
"faded" look to it.  Of course when he aged, his lemon coloring become even
lighter.

Between my sister and I, we have fostered more than 60 bassets.  Scooby was
the only lemon and white basset.

Jan
Lady & Wolfgang