[Dailydrool] Lemon and white

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Apr 6 07:46:10 PDT 2011

Our nine-year-old foster Alexis was a true lemon and white; if you saw her in the flesh she was a real blonde. But in many if not all of my pictures she shows up as a red and white--though she really had not a bit of red on her. So if someone tells you about a lemon who looks red in the pictures, it might be more the fault of the camera than a misidentification on the human's part.

The other funny thing was that when we got her, along with a huge bag of cheap dog food, she was mostly white with a bare bit of blonde showing. She looked like a very old dog. We immediately started her on the premium food we were feeding at that time, mixing it with her old food. Lex daintily picked the good stuff out of the mixture in her bowl, leaving every scrap of the cheap food in the dish. After a little while on the new food, we began to notice that Lex really wasn't all that white. Slowly more blonde started showing up all over her coat. To the end of her days, she had more color  than she'd had when she came to us.

We were honored to have her here for two years, and yes, this did become her forever home.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets
Lady Jane & Belveder & the much-missed Alexis Thefairyprincess (ATB) & Abner Ahrooo