[Dailydrool] doggie door and ramp

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 19:46:50 PDT 2011

Well we had Honey at the chiropractor today, her second visit  this week,
and she is good to go.  Her back legs were terrible wobbly, and  sometimes
she would just plop down the steps. Dr. told us one of the hardest  things on
bassets or any long backed dog, are the steps.  It puts a strain  on their
spine, so we finally finished making a ramp on the back steps for the  girls.
The first time they were a little leary, they poked their head  thru their
door, and then backed up.  Didn't take much to bribe them, a  little cookie
did the trick, now they go in and out just like before, but  without the
jarring. We also had to put up some lattice, so they wouldn't cheat  and use
our steps again.
To make it not slippery at all, I bought those things you put  on steps,
they are super sticky on the back, so they won't slip off, and they  have a
texture to them, so they have good traction.  Now the only thing is,  when
they come out, man, they want to run cuz they don't have to worry about the
steps.
(think I will make a sign and put it inside their tunnel,  "Slow") haha!
So,so far, so good. I am all in favor of doggie doors, with  3 bowsers, there
just isn't any easier way to go.................sorry for  blabbing so long.
Barbie and her bowsers with a ramp now...........(not to  mention we have a
ramp in front of every single chair and couch, in the  house)