[Dailydrool] Snoopy Checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 6 09:06:38 PDT 2011

Hi all from Snoopy,

Whew!  I'm glad to start a new day.  Yesterday started off ok ... with Cyrus and
I curled up together in the living room with me using his rump for a pillow and
then ..... momPerson LEFT!!!  Crafty momPerson that she is she went off and left
us and we had to fend for ourselves ALL DAY.  Now ... momPerson does this some
days and we do have a dog door so she seems to think it's FINE.  SERIOUSLY.
FINE.  To LEAVE Cyrus and I ... ALONE ... just US ... for HOURS.  It is not
fine.  So I raided Juliannes room and got out most of her teddy bears and all of
her clothes from under the bed and made a nice nest in the middle of the living
room floor.  When everyone came home I was laying on my nest wearing a pair of
her underwear for a hat.  My people were less than pleased .....

Which brings me to my next point.  DadPerson has a man cave.  MomPerson says it
used to be a garage until he and his lodge brothers showed up one day with a
bunch of dry wall and insulation and paint and so on and fixed it up.  Then they
hauled in couches and a TV and a stereo and beer signs and a pool table and rugs
and declared it a man cave.  MomPerson is of the opinion that any male who she
finds disagreable should go out in the man cave.   I have my time outs there.  I
usually get 2 minute times outs for things like being rude to Cyrus, stealing
stuff, being rude to Cyrus, eating my sisters homework, being rude to Cyrus,
wearing my sisters underwear on my head, being rude to Cyrus, freaking out in
the kitchen because someone touched food, being rude to Cyrus ... you get the
picture.  I am thinking of learning to play pool being as I spend so much time
out there.  We have a dog door to the backyard and can come and go as we like
... personally I'd like a dog door to the man cave.  I can hear the little chime
when my two minutes is up .... I know when to let myself in.  And, in fact, when
I am in the middle of doing something untoward and momPerson gives me that
Snoopy how could you look I usually just run to the door of the man cave
anyway.  So, it might as well have a dog door.

Yesterday evening had another rough spot.  Cyrus has been recovering from having
a broken tooth pulled (let that be a lesson to Mr Watch Me Catch the Frisbee!)
and so we've been having CANNED FOOD!  At first Cyrus got it straight and then
momPerson started mixing it with kibble.  I smelled it RIGHT AWAY and so she
mixed some in with my kibble the whole time.  Well, a week has gone by and Cyrus
is better and last night he ate his dinner with NO canned food at all ... just
kibble.  Which meant I got JUST kibble.  I protested ... I yelled ... I screamed
... I was RUDE to Cyrus ... I was actually talking fairly nasty and went out to
the man cave half a dozen times and came back and was STILL naughty and wound up
NOT eating half my dinner and I STILL didn't get any canned food.  And then,
this morning ... more kibble.  I gave momPerson some grief ... but I was hungry
and so I ate it.  Go get the frisbee Cyrus ... you can do it boy ....

More later from Snoopy