[Dailydrool] FW: Multiple hound household

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Sat Apr 9 08:28:26 PDT 2011

Sounds like the makings of one of those Jersy Shore or what ever reality
shows "snookie" came from..

Personally .. I've had one female basset in my 30+ years ... currently have
3 males.. I don't know if its a tilt in my choices or just what happens ...
I'm pretty sure its just what happens.. and were I able I'd add two more
hounds to my 3 ... or maybe I should add 3 ... make it an even 6 pack.. :)
I'd add at least one female that I've enjoyed the company of ... of course
I'd have to steal her from my rescue's treasurer ... O:-)  ... she's very
much like my boys.. lub me ... pet me .... <growl -- I'm here now you other
dogs git> ...

Either way ... I've never really had "issues" that weren't completely
understood ... "its mine" or "I'm here" are the only two issues I see ...
and the "its mine" is really only food/treat related ... so 99% of the time
there's never an issue if the dumb human (me) places the treats to the four
corners of the earth, keeping the hounds naturally separated.

And even *that* (the treats) wasn't an issue till my nut case Henry came in
to the picture.. a hound who at first didn't really "want" treats ... and
then when he started wanting them, it was more to play with than to eat...
but then learned quickly if not eaten, stolen.. :)

-Robert