[Dailydrool] New Addition

Karen bassett8 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 10:34:10 PDT 2011

The Out of Africa Bassets, Coco & Whisky with Piper ATB would like to
welcome their new brother Caspian who joined our pack today.

He is a tri-coloured male who has been neutered and is nearly 3 years old,
in fact his birthday is 2 days before the grandson-slaves.  He arrived via
air and was a little bewildered at first but after answering the necessary
calls of nature, he jumped into the car and we drove the 16 kilometres home
where he met his new siblings for the first time.  There was much sniffing,
a few growls and a basset 500 round the garden.  They are all now exhausted
after all the excitement and supper and are on their beds in the lounge fast
asleep.

Caspian is a rescued hound who supposedly has aggression issues with food
and humans, no signs of that with me or with the behaviorist at the rescue,
so we will see how we go.

I am delighted to have added a rescued hound to our pack and Coco and Whisky
are being very welcoming too.  He really does look a lot like Piper ATB, and
has a really sweet personality, I think perhaps as his previous owners were
first time dog owners, with small children, they were not to well aware of
how to treat a hound, but he seems to be fitting in here without issues

We will post photos and updates as we go.

Coco, Whisky, Caspian and Piper ATB - The Out of Africa Bassets with
MomSlave Karen