[Dailydrool] a message from Pw. XB

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Fri Apr 15 11:06:27 PDT 2011

Pw. Xandy Bear here!  Since the blondeslave can't seem to get around to posting I'll just have to do it myself...sigh...  She keeps whining about overtime and 2nd busiest month...blah, blah, blah...  Due to the blondeslave's full time job becoming a job and a half when a co-worker left(no increase in pay mind you) we haven't been posting very often so I thought there may be new people unfamiliar with me and the story of how I decided to dedicate myself to helping homeless hounds.  I and my 9 brothers and sisters were born to a wonderful breederslave and were loved and doted on from the moment we were born.  If it weren't for the tiniest of overbites I might have been a Champion like my parents.  When the blondslave and dadslave came to see the 3 puppies available, I was appalled at their obvious lack of training but touched that they had recently lost their hound, Xandy Too and couldn't tolerate life without the sound of hound nails clicking on wood floors, soft ears to smoosh and a belly to rub.  So even though I knew it would be an uphill battle with slaves of dubious intelligence and doubtful skills but seemingly good hearts I chose the blondeslave.  Life was good.  All the children at the condos adored me, I had my own dog walker, couch to lay on, slave bed to sleep in, plenty of good food and treats but, in truth, it seemed like something was missing.  The blondeslave was looking online for better ways to serve me and discovered the DD and something called a Waddle.  So before you know it we were packing up and heading to my first Waddle when I was 9 months old.  It was a wonderful pawty but I was horrified to discover that there were hounds that did not have wonderful homes with doting slaves.  The stories I heard from other hounds chilled me to my core.  There were hungry hounds, neglected hounds, my doG, abused, abandoned and unwanted hounds.  I had no idea that this existed and I swore that I would do whatever was in my (read blondeslave's) power to help.  I'm sorry I have to collect my thoughts-will post more shortly.  Yes, the wedding.  I'll tell you about my wedding.