[Dailydrool] take him ON the plane?!?

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:12:37 PDT 2011

Everyone on the Drool knows that Boomer is my support animal. He took over
the role that was vacant the moment we got him. He is always providing me
with warnings and support on bad days. I finally figured out that when he
lays across my feet, he's not doing it to drive me nuts, he's doing it to
warn me that I need to be careful, as I am at a higher risk for falling down
that day.I found something interesting while looking up information for the
disabled traveler on Southwest Airlines. Because of the emotional support
that he provides, I could take Boomer in the plane with me. My first thought
was "awesome, if we wanted to, we could take the Boo man with us. My next
thought was, "Oh My Dog, could you imagine Boomer on an airplane?!?

That's kind of scary, considering that he's never had any formal training.
He'd have every one's snacks, I can see him creeping away on the carpet to
go purse or backpack cruising. He's be in Basset Hound Heaven, everything
would be at his level. The website says that the animal can ride curled up
at your feet, if you need them for emotional support while you
travel...curled up at my feet...............ROFL!!! are they serious?? I can
hear it now.."Isn't he CUTE???" Oh yea, he's adorable, ma'am, that's what
keeps him alive.... "what do you mean, that sweet, innocent
face......"--okay, problem here... "Boomer" and "sweet and Innocent" don't
go in the same sentence together, let alone the same book...

I'm going to miss him more than I know...it will hurt to drive away from the
house....I know he'll be taken care of, but he's my Boo...and as much as I'd
LOVE to take him, I'm pretty sue that we'll be 86'd out of the motel the
first time he bays while we are at our functions that we are attending. Is
there anyone in the Tulsa/'Ft Smith area that we can get a Basset "Fix"
from?? Cathy and I are going to the Tulsa, OK/Ft Smith, AR area the first
week-end of May, and I have spent hours looking at sites to make sure that I
am up to date on all of the things that I need to know, and or do, before I
get on an airplane again. Due to the Power Chair, oxygen, and brain tumor,
all kinds of things need to be pre-planned. and other things I keep laughing
while reading the stories about going to Hawaii and Michigan. Too funny! and
no, he's not going...

It is a funny thought though......Drool to those in need!!
Yours in Drool,

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses from the Caspaw Crew!

In Drool,

Babe: dogster.com/dogs/261208
Boomer: dogster.com/dogs/235129

Arnie ATB: dogster.com/dogs/281040
Shannon (an absolute, total, complete Basket Case)
Facebook: facebook.com/shannon.r.gerdel
Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper, WY