[Dailydrool] Joey & Emma repawt

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 13:40:39 PDT 2011

First of all, Joey & Emma are sending drool to all those that need it.
They've been barking and chasing puppies at the dog park, so there's plenty
of drool flowing!

Joey was doing pretty good, but had 2 'accidents' in the house this week.
Though momma was tempted knock some sense into the dumb butt, I instead
cleaned up the BRAND NEW CARPET that I had to fight w/my complex to get, I
stifled the urge & found out that the moisture lock layer on the padding
DOES in fact work. As does the 'DIY Oxyclean' (neutralize the urine w/a 50%
vinegar & water solution, and then pour a healthy helping of baking soda on
the area, followed by hydrogen peroxide. Works like a charm!!) And, by works
like a charm I mean I kneeled down & stuck my nose right at carpet level.
Smelled like vinegar a bit, but NOT dog pee, yay!!

Finally went out on friday, and got dumb butt a belly band. Put it on him
for a little bit while I was home, as a test run for my shift at the video
store. I'm happy to report that it stayed on, and he did NOT use it for its
intended purpose! I'm hoping that wearing the band will keep him from going
inside, which would be money well spent! And, if anyone else in Droolland
needs a belly band, they're on sale for $3 off right now at PetSmart.

Emma would also like me to recall her recent displays of hunting prowess. By
'hunting prowess' she means ability to tree squirrels. There is an
infestation of the varmits here in my complex, especially near my building
as there was a nice older man one building over who used to feed them
peanuts. I have told a number of the varmits that if they dropped any shells
or nuts (which I should add I'm deathly allergic to, no joke!) on my patio,
I'd 'unleash the beast' on them. Well, the old man has since moved out, so
now they just kind of hang out in trees, and a number of them are rather
portly. Emma, aka 'Little Momma' will spy the varmits, and creep up to them,
then pounce.

Now, putting this into perspective, Emma is REALLY short, like just over my
ankles short, and is a sr girl, around 8-ish, has a cockeyed front paw &
severe arthritis in her back hip. So 'creeping up' on them is quite a sight,
and her 'pouncing' borders on hilarious. Think of a super droopy basset with
paws the size of saucers trying to hoist it's cookie butt up a tree, and you
have a pretty good visual! I've dropped the leash a few times to let her
'have at them,' knowing she'll never actually catch one, but still, it's
quite the site!! She wanted me to pass on news of her prowess to the ASTT,
though I don't think she has come anywhere near their league in terms of
hunting prowess, but still, not bad for an old girl!

Also, Joey & Emma are starting to root their snooters through the apartment,
looking for some gems to sell to raise money for the upcoming MBR waddle.
This will be Emma's first, to our knowledge!
--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473