[Dailydrool] Sandy's New Bassets

Nancy Kay nancykay9 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:05:33 PDT 2011

> Welcome back to the Drool :)

When we first got Tina, she was four at the time and had been a part-time
kennel dog. She wouldn't eat for the first few days we had her, either. We
finally figured out she'd been used to eating in a crate since her former
owner had lots of other dogs. When we put her in our bedroom with a baby
gate across the doorway, she started eating just fine. We think she was
nervous about eating "out in the open" - just didn't feel right to her. She
still eats in our bedroom, which is just off the kitchen, but we don't need
to put the gate up any more (a year later). Your new girl will need
adjustment time to have everything at your house become her new "normal" --
patience, and time.

Nancy, owned by Frank the Tank and Tina the Bra-stealer