[Dailydrool] Copper

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:32:42 PDT 2011

First, we are very glad both Princess and Rosie are making recoveries! We
hope all the droolers in the path of that storm are safe!

The vet just called with Copper's blood test results and the good news is
that there is no bone cancer!  The elevated white blood cells seem to be
from his body trying to fight off the other cancer.  The bad news is that at
the vet on Friday we found out that the gland with the tumor in it is solid
tumor now.  In fact, if you lift up his tail and take a look at his tailpipe
you can see it.  I've been watching him every time he goes out and he's
still passing solids just fine, so we are good for now, but eventually he
won't be able to poo, and then we'll have to let him go to the bridge.  It's
breaking my heart because he's still so full of energy, barking at the
mailman, chasing the cat, etc.  It just seems so unfair that the whole rest
of him should be so healthy and we would still have to say goodbye.  At
least he's not in any pain and for that I am very thankful, I was so afraid
the cancer would spread all over and he'd be hurting.  I guess it's a damned
if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Brenda - momslave to Copper and Elphaba