[Dailydrool] Snoopy at the dog park (again)

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 22 13:30:30 PDT 2011

Hi all, Snoopy here,

It is Friday so we went to the dog park.  MomPerson is VERY funny at the dog
park.  First we check the dogs that are there to see if we know them.  Then
momPerson approaches anyone she doesn't know to ask if a barky dog upsets
(provokes?) their dog.  Then .... she lets me at'em.  So, Cyrus does his thing.
Ball, ball, ball, ball, ball .... and then of course, there's the ball.  Anybody
else have a fetchaholic for a brother?  Sheesh.  Well me I'm a sniffin and I'm a
socializing and there's about 20 dogs and I found a husky who wanted to play tag
and we were playing and momPerson goes up to the husky's momPerson and says "is
he bothering your dog?"  And the other momPerson says no ... they're playing
tag, why?

Well, I like to Ahroooooo quite a bit at the dog park.  momPerson spends a good
deal of the time asking people if they or their dogs are bothered by my
Ahrooooooos.  There was a girl dog today that didn't much care for me nor my
Ahroooooos.  She hid behind her momPerson and I stood in front of her momPerson
and went Ahroooooooo.  momPerson asked me to stop that.  I was less than
obedient.  I Ahroooo'd a little louder.  Then, I tried to dive behind the other
momPerson and goose the girl dog and guess what happened?  A black streak came
out of nowhere and I landed flat on my butt and when I stood up Cyrus was
casually standing between me and the girl dog looking the other way.  And the
other momPerson told my momPerson that maybe she should go sit down with the
other momPeople because Cyrus would handle anything else that came up.  Cyrus is
like that.  Sorry Bo, but momPerson got wind of the whole plot and she says
Cyrus can't go, she needs his help.

A couple of other safety notes before I sign off.  First ... there were so many
dogs at our park because the other dog park is closed because somebody POISONED
a dog there.  Really.  Some idiot scattered poison at a dog park.  And, Natalie
was skating on the sidewalk earlier in the week and fell and a mouse trap just
missed her little fingers.  A different idiot had hidden mouse traps under the
little flowers planted right on the edge of the side walk.  dadPerson talked to
that neighbor and they said they were tired of cats pooping in the flowers and
hadn't even considered that a child might fall into them.  It's spring time and
the idiots are running amok so be careful out there.

More later from Snoopy (who is NOT wearing a bonnet tomorrow but might wear
bunny ears)